Expanding Local Search For Your Business
Local searches are becoming the key factor in building business over the internet. At one time, web designers and SEO experts concerned themselves only with the global picture, since most local advertising was done through other media. Changes in search technology and smart phone capabilities, however, have changed the dynamic. Today’s customers are looking for businesses close to home, and local search optimization helps them find you.
This is true whether the searcher is a native of your area or a visitor. If you take a trip out of town, for example, your smart phone can help you locate stores, restaurants and services in your new geographic area. Guess which businesses show up on these searches? The ones who are optimized for local search capabilities, of course!
Local search optimization is like taking out a virtual billboard at the city limits of your location. You attract incoming shoppers to your website or your location and help them find your services easily when you have taken steps to make local searching easy. Local search techniques not only take into account your location but also your “findability” on mobile devices, through GPS systems and other factors that can affect your users’ experiences.
• Understand what is at stake. By 2015, nearly a third of searches will have local interest. This number is currently climbing every day as the smart phone takes the place of traditional cell phones.
• Improved integration and mobilization are driving local search numbers. You cannot keep up if you do not pay attention to mobile use issues.
• 77.1 million mobile users also use local searches, especially when visiting unfamiliar cities.
• 74 percent of these searches originate in Google’s portal. Google is still the standard for map-based searching, although other companies are quickly rising in popularity.
• At least 14 percent of users say they search locally every day.
• Only 15 percent did not find the results useful. The majority of these were led to websites that simply were not structured to support local searches or lacked vital information, like a phone number.
• 37 percent say images were likely to grab their attention. A picture is worth many words.
• 81 percent of businesses include a phone number with their listing for easy customer access. Many also include fax, URL for a website, or even interactive capabilities—such as making reservations online.
Face it, local search capabilities are something you cannot afford to ignore if you want to grow and expand your business. In order to make the most of this opportunity, you may need the help of an experienced and professional web designer who understands local search optimization.
If you are in need of professional search engine marketing from an experienced Orange County SEO company, please call us at 949-494-0007. Orange County SEO can help you optimize your web presence to include local search considerations and make the most of your web presence—wherever you are.